Your Trusted Translation & Localization Project Manager
Brief about my skills and backgrounds as a localization project manager
I’ve a BA degree from Faculty of Al-Alsun that is specialized in languages and translation. Then I worked 8 years at the world-leading LSP STAR-Group as both a senior translation project manager and a senior translator (English\German\Arabic).
I was responsible for managing multilingual projects for giant clients, just like:
- Ireland Health Authority,
- Volvo trucks,
- And many other leading brands.
After leaving STAR, I kept improving my skills and backgrounds and I managed multilingual projects for many other clients providing various services, like:
- Subtitling\Video Editing,
- Machine Translation Post-Editing,
- Software and Website Localization & Testing,
Currently, I work as a Freelance Project Manager at the CQ Fluency, the leading Life Sciences LSP in the USA.
I’m responsible for managing multilingual projects for giant clients, just like:
- Roche Diagnostics
- BMS (Bristol Meyers Squib)
- PFIZER DSU
* My Advanced skills:
Some of the skills I use for translation and the management of translation projects are:
- Experience in using TMSs, like Plunet, XTRF as both a translator and Project Manager.
- Advanced feature in MS Office and OpenOffice,
- CSS basics,
- XML basics,
- InDesign basics,
- FrameMaker basics,
- Using Regular Expressions for QA, search and filtering,
- Using macros to accelerate frequent tasks,
- File conversions,
- Translation Management Systems (TMS), like Plunet, Wordbee, Project-Open, etc.
- Content Management Systems (CMS), like WordPress, TYPO3, Joomla, etc.
- Inventing creative workflows to improve processing the projects,
- And much more.
My Vendor Management Experience:
As a part of my daily work as a project manager of multilingual projects for world-leading brands, I have to search for vendors and language service providers from all over the world. This includes looking for, evaluating and agreeing with
- Voiceover artists
- Videos subtitles
- Website localizers and developers
- Software localizers
- Content creators
International Cultural Awareness:
My daily work involves working with colleagues and clients from any country, just like Germany, Switzerland, Sweden, Ireland, the USA, the UK, Japan, China, Indonesia, Iran, Syria, etc.
As an important part of my international cultural awareness, I traveled to the following countries:
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (June 2002)
- Germany (January 2004)
- Switzerland (April/May 2005)
- Switzerland (July 2007)
- Malaysia (August 2016)
- Germany (August 2017)
Regularly, I take part as both a speaker and participant in conferences and events related to the localization and language industry to keep up-to-date with the new trends and technologies. Please see the attached references.
In order to have better knowledge and skills in all the management aspects, I recently, started studying MBA curriculum that is rich with topics related to all sides needed for actively managing and growing business.
Looking forward to adding a unique power and spirit to your team.
Should you have any questions, please let me know.